Business Line manager IR solutions
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we pioneer approaches to sustainability that continue to offer customers materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. To achieve this, however, we know we can’t stand still. We know we need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. It’s why we invest so much in research & development. It’s why we push ourselves to tackle increasingly complex challenges. It’s why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed. It’s why we are looking for talented individuals to shape tomorrow by leading the way today. In an environment like this, imagine what you could do?
Power in space. Vision at night. Coatings thinner than human hair. Umicore is a world leader in material solutions for the space, optics and electronics sectors – enabling every day cutting-edge technologies. We guarantee our customers secure access to supply, plus recycling technologies that give materials a new lease of life. To grow our business to new heights, we cannot stand still.We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
You will be responsible for managing the IR solutions Business - including sales, business development, R&D, operations, quality and EHS – with full P&L responsibility.
Specifically, this will include:
- Define the strategy for the Business Line and implement in the organization (cascade through strategic initiatives/projects in the different functional areas).
- Define and execute the Budget & Operational Plan with full P&L responsibility for the Business Line.
- Identify, initiate and execute high impact projects for the business line supporting product innovation (incl quality), operational excellence and customer satisfaction
- Ensure projects are delivered according to plans, quality, costs, timelines and results.
- Foster collaborative working relationships within the organization in pursuit of the overall business goals and ensure cohesion and alignment of the multidisciplinary team
- Oversee the commercial activities for the business and support the commercial director and team to secure long term and profitable business opportunities.
- Set operational and performance targets for the plants and monitor performance to ensure that progress is being made in EHS, quality, costs, production and inventories of raw materials and finished goods.
- Manage R&D portfolio through clear vision on technology roadmap and timely introduction and release of process and product technologies, ensuring competitiveness in the market.
- Champion and promote EH&S awareness and ensure related functions, including risk assessments and training, are being performed.
Our success is based on individuals who are ready to make the most of their skills and prepared to tackle any challenges they face. As well as your university degree (scientific/technological/business engineer or PhD level, with strong business understanding and a sound financial background), you should have a Scientific/technological background to understand processes, products and applications. Experience and Good understanding of business dynamics and financial modelling.
You should have high levels of motivation and initiative, good influencing skills, strong leadership skills and the ability to successfully operate in various cultures
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?