Global Commercial Director Tool Materials
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Sales & Marketing, Business Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Mastering the cobalt value chain. Umicore’s expertise covers the sourcing, production and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Umicore’s materials are at the heart of products we use every day such as rechargeable batteries, tools, paints and tyres. Our recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. To meet the demands of our customers we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
You will lead the development and execution of the commercial strategy of the Business Line Tool Materials. The business line consists of 4 production sites of a wide range of value added fine metal powders, with a global customer base, active in 2 main industrial applications, hard metals and diamond tools. Your role will encompass all commercial aspects (strategical & operational) of the business line. You will report to the Business Line Manager of Tool Materials and be located either in Grenoble or Brussels.
- You will define the commercial strategy, commercial budgets and forecasts.
- As member of the business line management team, you will actively contribute to the long term development of the business and lead a series of strategic projects.
- You will manage sales, sales administration and reporting.
- You will coach the team of Sales Managers.
- You will ensure an efficient document flow for quotes, orders, logistics, credit management and responses to customers, by establishing a model and routine for commercial reporting towards BU management and key BL members.
- You will define targets for commercial KPI’s and ensure their follow up.
- You will be responsible for the key customers relationships for both markets (contract negotiation, follow up and visits (existing accounts and new ones)).
- You will work on increasing Business Development and Market Knowledge via new partnerships, via analysis of competitors, via participation in key industry conferences and meetings, and via development of new products for the concerned markets.
- You will actively interact with production, R&D, finance, supply and planning/logistics teams.
Who we are looking for
- You have a Master Degree in Engineering Materials, Industrial or Chemical Sciences, completed by a business degree and/or minimum 10 year experience in a similar position in an international industrial environment.
- You have excellent communication skills in English, Dutch and French. German knowledge is a plus.
- You are an effective leader, able to inspire and motivate your team, involve its members in decision making, taking ownership and committing to continuous improvement.
- You are action-oriented, entrepreneurial, committed to quality and integrity.
- You are a skilled project manager, with strong attention to detail and able to multitask.
- With your ability to communicate in a flexible, fast paced environment, you build trust and collaboration through transparency and open communication with internal and external customers
- You value teamwork.
- You are willing to travel.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our know-how can produce cobalt specialty chemicals for hard metal tools , IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?