Project Engineer Optics
Process & Product Development, Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Electro-Optic Materials
Power in space. Vision at night. Coatings thinner than human hair. Umicore is a world leader in material solutions for the space, optics and electronics sectors – enabling every day cutting-edge technologies. We guarantee our customers secure access to supply, plus recycling technologies that give materials a new lease of life. To produce materials with even higher performance, and provide recycling to new markets, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- As a Project Manager Optics you are responsible for leading and implementing projects to develop new products and technologies for Optics business line. You will work across the sites in order to enable the continued growth of BL Optics.
- You work with different teams within Umicore to develop new products and technologies:
- Sales Team to develop an understanding of the customer’s needs.
- Design Team to develop products that meet customer requirements and market needs.
- R&D Team to develop processes to enable cost effective manufacture of Umicore’s new products.
- Subcontractors to identify existing technology or develop new technology and processes to enable Umicore’s new products.
- You survey the market and review products provided by the competition to ensure that Umicore products are the best in class.
- You lead and take part in Design Reviews with the optical and mechanical design teams. You review the concepts and drawings to ensure that the requirements of the specification are met and that the final product will be best in class.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a master degree or in scientific, technological or business engineering domain
- You are an experienced Project Manager with a technical background in optics or related field. Mechanical design experience is preferred
- As established and experienced leader, you demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
- You direct multi-functional departments within the organization
- You are self-motivated and goal oriented, able to work independently with minimal supervision
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IF OUR GERMANIUM SOLUTIONS CAN HELP DELIVER NIGHT VISION SYSTEMS, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?