Quality & EHS Manager
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Automotive Catalysts
What you will be doing
As Quality & EHS Manager you are responsible for Customers Satisfaction on Quality issues, this within the framework of the applicable regulation, and the group and plant policies and regulations. You will maintain and improve management systems in compliance with Quality, Health and Safety, Environment, IATF 16949; OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001. You will be the guarantor of quality and its good application within the Florange plant, and the driving force for continuous improvement projects. You will report to the Plant Manager.
- You are responsible for leading, motivating and developing your team to meet targeted performance in the field of Quality and EHS.Your Internal Quality responsibilities consist of maintaining and improving the quality management system while ensuring compliance with Quality automotive standard IATF 16949.
- You manage the organisation of internal audits and ensure effective, corrective and preventive action plans, in particular by leading and actively supporting the Flo team in the method (root cause analysis, 8-D reports, action priority, review of action effectiveness).
- You are in charge of KPI’s, reporting and documentation management.
- You strongly support the plant manager in the Quality improvement through the development of a strong QHSE culture.
- You are also in charge of the Supplier Quality Management, organizing the release of raw materials (vs Umicore specifications) and ensuring the management of supplier complaints.
- Regarding Customer Quality Management, you are the local point of contact for customer audits, responsible to follow-up with action plans. You ensure an effective complaint management, integration of customer requirements during series life and site compliance with all customer requirements.
- Your EHS responsibilities consist of maintaining and improving the EHS management system, and ensuring compliance with EHS standards OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001.
- You organize and conduct environmental & safety periodic mandatory verifications and audits on the site, lead the EHS risk analysis and corrective & preventive actions.
- You are in charge of EHS KPI & reporting and strongly support the plant manager in the plant EHS improvement through the development of a strong EHS culture.
Who we are looking for
- You have a master degree in Engineering or Chemistry with minimum 3 years of experience in process or quality management in production for the automobile industry.
- You have a very good knowledge of quality standards (ISO 9001 and ISO TS 16949 for automobile), health and safety at work (OHSAS 18001), and environmental (ISO 14001).
- You have a good knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes, and advanced statistical knowledge.
- You are experienced in making risk evaluations and suggesting, and implementing, necessary actions.
- You are fluent in French and English.
- You have excellent leadership skills, a strong team spirit, and are committed and resilient.
- You are organized and disciplined.
- You have good analytical skills, with a genuine concern for innovation and optimization.
- You focus on results and are able to motivate people towards a Quality & EHS culture.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?