Manager Maintenance & Engineering
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Automotive Catalysts
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- You guarantee that all safety rules in force, and environmental constraints are respected. You are responsible for the realisation, in collaboration with the EHS department, of prevention plans.
- Regarding the Maintenance of Production Equipment: you ensure the availability of manufacturing resources by implementing maintenance plans and the appropriate organization within the budget defined with the plant manager.
- Regarding the Maintenance of Buildings and Utilities: you ensure the good condition of buildings and utilities by carrying out the necessary and regulatory frequency checks and carrying out the repairs of all elements related to buildings.
- Concerning the Energies: you are responsible of the "energy" at site level, by lowering the cost and consumption of the energy.
- Concerning IT and telephony: you are in charge of the entire computer and telephone equipment of the site. You relate with the regional IT team, respect the group requirements, and set up and ensure the realization of the backups of computer data.
- You are responsible for investments projects, you provide all necessary information to the steering committee, and ensure that the projects are carried out within time and budget.
Who we are looking for
- You are an engineer with managerial skills, project following experience, technical know-how in mechanics, electricity and IT automatism.
- You gained a first comparable experience of 5 years in a chemical or mechanical industry.
- You master English, and German skills would be perfect.
- You are familiar to MS office tools and Autocad.
- You are well organized, able to listen, have a good adaptability and a good synthetic mind to understand needs and purposes.
- You can work in team and have managed a team and providers.
- You have good relational skills, you are autonomous and take initiatives.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
-If our teams can help reduce harmful vehicle emissions, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?