Reinsurance Captive Manager
Legal - Security
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions, Legal and others
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As a Reinsurance Captive Manager you will manage the newly created reinsurance captive entity of Umicore in Luxembourg (Bascharage) on a day-to-day basis, you will provide assistance to the group’s entities in respect of new and existing insurance coverages and you will implement processes and procedures.
Your detailed responsibilities
- In collaboration with the entity’s external Service Provider, you will prepare and analyzeanalyse the information related to Solvency 2 reports (ORSA, SCR, SFCR…)
- You will prepare the meetings of the technical and financial committees and of the Board meetings. You will also take care of the minutes of those meetings
- You contribute to the assessment of the operational risks exposure (and claims) to which the captive is exposed and assess the reinsurance underwriting risks
- You assist in the preparation and management of procedures and budget, prepare purchase requests, follow-up invoicing and payment processing as well as policy documentation
- You liaise with the internal and external stakeholders to provide the right support in terms of captive management (external Service Provider, insurers, brokers, auditors etc) and solvency requirements
- You manage and follow-up the premium payment flows
- You manage and follow-up claims handling, and related financial flows
- You take gradually the end-to-end responsibility of ad-hoc (re)insurance and captive related projects
- You will report into the Department Head of Insurances (located in Umicore HQ in Brussels)
Who we are looking for
- You have a Master Degree in finance (insurance, accounting, economics) or in legal
- You have a first work experience (2+years) in insurance / re-insurance or a (re)insurance captive environment
- You are familiar with (international) insurance markets and captive insurance management
- You are also familiar with finance mechanisms, accounting …
- You are Fluent in English
- You are a team player but also able to work autonomously
- You are capable of managing multiple priorities and meet different deadlines
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?