Supply Chain Manager
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Automotive Catalysts
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Supply chain Manager in the automotive plant of Umicore in Florange, specialized in the production of catalysts for trucks and cars, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing plant’s overall supply chain and logistics in order to maximize the process efficiency. You will also play a key role in developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and suppliers. You will be responsible for the organization and the performance of all logistics processes : sales, production planning, procurement, expeditions, reception, warehouse.
Detailed Responsibilities :
You are responsible for the organisation and execution of the logistics processes of the Florange plant from budgetary aspects to daily management :
- Supply: by cooperating with the central supply department (AC-C-P), in support of new products, ensures the relevance of the orders in terms of volume of raw materials.
- Production planning: by drawing up its own short and medium-term production planning, based on customer requirements.
- Shipments: by ensuring the shipment of finished products to the assemblers ('canners') within the optimised deadlines and costs.
- By defining and implementing appropriate production planning strategies (lean...) with the aim of optimising the level of customer delivery service, production costs and working capital (inventory level, and obsolescence management in cooperation with the sales and marketing teams).
- Storage and handling: by defining the storage and management of raw materials and finished products internally and externally. It optimises costs and lead times with an optimised and robust raw materials inventory (by comparing SAP and physical stocks)
- Continuous improvement project manager: 5S, SAP optimisation, skills development, cost of services, cross-plant projects
Who we are looking for
- You have a degree in Logistics/Economy/Engineering at BAC+5 level.
- You have at least 3 years experience in logistics or production in the automotive industry, part of which if possible as a manager.
- You have a good experience of Lean production principles.
- You have a good command of the SAP software package.
- Your fluency in English is certainly a plus, as well as a good command of German.
- You demonstrate commitment and resilience.
- You are familiar with the ISO standards relating to his field of activity and also focused on continuous improvement.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my skills can help reduce harmful vehicle emissions, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO